...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until noon CDT Friday...
* location...The Arrowhead of Minnesota...including Two Harbors...Isabella... Lutsen...Grand Marais...Grand Portage and the gunflint trail.
* Timing...tonight through noon Friday.
* Snow...6 to 13 inches of snow is expected...with the highest amounts in the extreme northeastern tip of The Arrowhead. We have received reports of 4 to 6 inches of snow along portions of the North Shore.
* Wind...gusty onshore winds will also occur through the night...especially up toward Grand Marais and Grand Portage. These winds and the heavy wet snow may cause some tree branches to break and cause sporadic power outages.
* Impacts...roads will be snow covered and slippery. Spotters and the Minnesota Department of Transportation report difficult travel along Highway 61.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means heavy snow accumulation is anticipated...and that snowfall rates of one inch per hour or greater can be expected at times. Expect snow covered roads and visibility restrictions. If you must travel...exercise extreme caution and allow extra time to reach your destination.