...Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 10 am CST Monday... ...Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from late Monday night through late Tuesday night...
The National Weather Service in Duluth has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow and freezing drizzle...which is in effect until 10 am CST Monday.
* Location...the Minnesota arrowhead...including Two Harbors... Silver Bay...Lutsen...Grand Marais...and Grand Portage.
* Timing...freezing drizzle will expand across The Arrowhead this evening then mix with or change over to snow after midnight. Heavier snow will then develop Monday evening through early Wednesday morning.
* Snow/ice accumulations...freezing drizzle will occur through the evening then become mixed with or change over to snow later tonight. Ice accumulation will be up to a tenth of an inch with snow accumulation tonight into Monday morning of 1 to 3 inches.
* Snow accumulations...potential for more than 7 inches with the storm Monday night through Tuesday night.
* Impacts...slick roads will be possible tonight into Monday morning...especially the roads in the higher terrain inland from Lake Superior. Travel could be difficult with the snow from the storm Monday night into Tuesday night due to the snow and lower visibility.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
A Winter Weather Advisory for mixed precipitation means a mixture of freezing drizzle and snow is expected. Some accumulation of snow and ice are expected on untreated roads and sidewalks. Anyone with travel plans should be prepared for slippery roads and reduced visibility. Slow down when driving and allow for extra stopping distance because you may lose control of your vehicle if you try to slow down or stop quickly.