Lake Effect Snow Advisory
Statement as of 5:31 AM EST on December 06, 2013
... Lake effect Snow Advisory in effect from 7 PM this evening to
1 PM EST Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Marquette has issued a lake
effect Snow Advisory for lake effect snow... and blowing snow... which
is in effect from 7 PM this evening to 1 PM EST Saturday.
* moderate lake effect snow showers will push onshore this evening
and linger through Saturday afternoon... mainly near the shoreline
from just east of Munising to Whitefish Point. Snowfall totals
tonight are expected to be around 3 to 5 inches from just east of
Munising to near white Fish Point. An additional 3 to 5 inches of
snowfall are expected through Saturday afternoon.
* West to west northwest winds of 20 to 30 mph are expected to occur
near the Lake Superior shoreline. These strong winds will result
in considerable blowing snow... reducing visibility at times.
* roads will be snow covered intermittently through Saturday
afternoon. Travel may become difficult at times but should remain
possible. Visibility may be poor at times due to moderate to heavy
snow and areas of blowing snow.
* a lake effect Snow Advisory for lake effect snow and blowing
snow means that visibilities will be limited due to a
combination of falling and blowing snow.
* Prepare... plan... and stay informed. Visit www.Weather.Gov/MQT
Nearby Radar Stations