...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 9 am EST Thursday...
* locations...along and southeast of a Houlton to Sherman to Millinocket to Dover Foxcroft line.
* Hazard types...snow. Snow will be mixed with sleet at times downeast after 10 PM.
* Snow accumulations...10 to 14 inches...highest amounts interior downeast.
* Timing...through Thursday morning. Heaviest snow will be this evening with snowfall rates up to 2 inches per hour.
* Impacts...high impact primarily for travel. Scattered power outages are also possible...mainly closer to the coast where winds will be the strongest. The heaviest snow will be this evening.
* Winds...north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 to 45 mph downeast.
* Visibilities...one quarter mile or less at times.
* Temperatures...around 30.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight... food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.