...Winter Storm Warning in effect from 9 am Monday to 5 am EST Tuesday...
The National Weather Service in Caribou has issued a Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow and blowing snow which is in effect from 9 am Monday to 5 am Tuesday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Locations...downeast Maine.
* Hazard types...heavy snow. Significant blowing and drifting snow.
* Accumulations...snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches.
* Timing...Monday morning through Monday night.
* Impacts...snow...heavy at times...will result in hazardous travel conditions. Blowing snow will result in poor visibility.
* Winds...northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Temperatures...5 below to 5 above zero.
* Visibilities...one quarter mile at times.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight... food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.