... Winter Storm Watch in effect from late tonight through late
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Winter
Storm Watch... which is in effect from late tonight through late
* Locations... far southeastern Pennsylvania... northeastern
Maryland... northern Delaware and southern New Jersey.
* Hazard types... snow.
* Snow accumulations... potential for 4 to 8 inches of snow late
tonight through Tuesday night.
* Timing... snow is expected to develop late tonight and may become
moderate or heavy especially south and west of Philadelphia. The
snow has the potential to be moderate or heavy for a period
either Tuesday or Tuesday night. Snow may also mix with rain
closer to the coast and in the Delmarva... which could cut down
* Impacts... snow may impact travel late tonight through Tuesday
night... including the rush hour commutes.
* Winds... northeast winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to 20 mph late
tonight into Tuesday.
* Temperatures... lower to mid 30s.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Snowfall and ice accumulation forecast maps in addition to
experimental probabilistic snowfall information for the latest
event are available online at www.Weather.Gov/phi/winter
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Queen Anne's Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Issued: 3:54 AM EST Feb. 8, 2016 – National Weather Service