... Winter Storm Warning in effect until 1 am EST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for snow... sleet and freezing rain... which is in
effect until 1 am EST Monday. The Winter Weather Advisory is no
longer in effect.
* Hazard types... snow and sleet... then freezing rain.
* Ice accumulation... around one-quarter to one-third inch.
* Snow accumulations... up to one inch.
* Timing... a mix of snow and sleet will continue to overspread the
area this morning. A transition to freezing rain will occur from
south to north by the early afternoon. The freezing rain will
continue into the evening and change over to rain in some warmer
locations near the coast before precipitation tapers off around
* Impacts... expect slippery traveling and walking conditions,
especially on untreated surfaces today and tonight. Prepare for
travel delays due to the very hazardous driving conditions.
Isolated power outages are possible.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s to lower 30s.
* Winds... southeast around 5 mph.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow...
sleet... and ice are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Queen Anne's Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 10:13 AM EST on March 01, 2015