Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 2:33 PM EST on December 13, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 8 am Saturday to 1 am
The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington has
issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow... sleet and freezing
rain... which is in effect from 8 am Saturday to 1 am EST Sunday.
* Precipitation type... snow... sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... 1 to 3 inches of snow and sleet above 500 feet.
Less than an inch of snow elsewhere. A trace to a few hundredths
of an inch of ice for elevations above 500 feet.
* Timing... snow will overspread the area early Saturday morning.
Snow will change to sleet and freezing rain Saturday afternoon
* Temperatures... upper 20s to around 30 tonight... rising into the
lower 30s Saturday.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 10 mph late tonight and Saturday then
becoming northwest 10 to 15 mph late Saturday night.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are expected from wintry
precipitation late tonight through Saturday night.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Nearby Radar Stations
- Brooklyn Park
- East Case
- Fort Howard
- Gwynn Oak
- Loch Raven
- Loch Raven Village
- McDonogh Run
- Middle River
- Morrell Park
- Mount Washington
- Perry Hall
- Roland Park
- South Baltimore
- Sparrows Point
- West Case
- White Marsh
- Windsor Mill