...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM EST this evening... ...Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect from 7 PM this evening to 10 am EST Saturday... ...Winter Storm Watch in effect from late Saturday night through Monday morning...
The National Weather Service in Pittsburgh has issued a Winter Storm Watch...which is in effect from late Saturday night through Monday morning.
* Ice accumulations...one to two tenths of an inch.
* Snow accumulations Sunday and Monday...up to 6 inches.
* Additional snow accumulations today...2 to 4 inches.
* Snow ending...this evening.
* Snow and ice beginning again...Sunday.
* Impacts...hazardous travel conditions are expected due to snow and ice.
* Winds...west 10 to 20 mph.
* Wind chill...as low as 15 below.
* Impacts...frost bite and hypothermia are possible if precautions are not taken
* impacts...hazardous travel conditions are expected due to reduced visibility and snow or ice accumulation.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that snow will cause travel difficulties. Use caution while driving and report snow and ice accumulation to the National Weather Service by calling 412-262- 1988...posting to the NWS Pittsburgh facebook Page...or using twitter @nwspittsburgh.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong wind will produce low wind chill indices. This could result in frost bite and hypothermia if precautions are not taken. If you must venture outdoors...make sure you dress properly.
A Winter Storm Watch means that snow...sleet...or ice accumulation may severely impact travel. Prepare for winter weather and monitor the latest forecasts via the National Weather Service homepage NOAA Weather Radio or other news media.