Northwest Middlesex County
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 10:30 PM EST on December 06, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 am EST
* locations... northwest Connecticut into central Massachusetts.
This includes the cities and towns of Hartford... Windsor
Locks... Union... Vernon... Framingham... Lowell... Springfield...
Milford and Worcester.
* Hazard types... snow and sleet.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches north of the
Massachusetts Turnpike... and 1-2 inches in northern Connecticut.
* Timing... rain and sleet along and south of the Mass Pike will
change to snow between midnight and 2 am. Brief heavy snow is possible
and the snow will begin to taper off between 1 and 4 am from
north to south.
* Impacts... snow covered roads will result in hazardous driving
* Winds... north 5 to 10 mph.
* Visibilities... one half mile at times.
* Temperatures... dropping into the upper 20s and lower 30s.
A Winter Weather Advisory is issued when snow and/or ice is
forecast to develop in the affected areas... but accumulations are
expected to be light. Any snow or ice would make driving and
walking difficult... but not impossible... on untreated roadways
and sidewalks. When temperatures are below freezing... motorists
need to be especially careful on bridges and overpasses where
slippery spots can easily develop.
For the latest updates... please visit our webpage at
You can follow US on facebook at
Nearby Radar Stations