...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 9 PM this evening to 1 am EST Tuesday...
* locations...this includes Block Island...Marthas Vineyard and Nantucket.
* Accumulations...3 to 5 inches of snow.
* Hazard types...snow along with a period of sleet possible.
* Timing...snow develops after midnight tonight. Snow falls heavy at times into mid morning on Monday. The snow will change to sleet then rain before midday then change back to snow Monday evening before ending.
* Impacts...hazardous travel is expected along with snow covered roads and poor visibility.
* Winds...northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Visibilities...one quarter mile or less at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory is issued when snow and/or ice is forecast to develop in the affected areas...but accumulations are expected to be light. Any snow or ice would result in slippery conditions on untreated roadways and sidewalks. When temperatures are below freezing...motorists need to be especially careful on bridges and overpasses where slippery spots can easily develop.
For the latest updates...please visit our webpage at www.Weather.Gov/Boston
You can follow US on facebook at