...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 am EST Saturday...
* locations...this includes the cities Boston...Barre... Fitchburg...Foxboro...Norwood...Quincy...Brockton and Plymouth.
* Hazard types...snow.
* Accumulations...snow accumulation of 3 to 6 inches.
* Timing...snow develops after midnight continues into Friday and Friday night. Most of the snow will be light...but a period of moderate snow is likely at times late Friday and Friday night.
* Impacts...hazardous driving conditions due to snow covered roads. Poor visibilities possible Friday night as winds gust to 30 mph. Also additional snowfall of 3 to 6 inches will increase snow loading/stress on roofs.
* Winds...northwest winds increase Friday night with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Visibilities...one half mile at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory is issued when snow and/or ice is forecast to develop in the affected areas...but accumulations are expected to be light. Any snow or ice would result in slippery conditions on untreated roadways and sidewalks. When temperatures are below freezing...motorists need to be especially careful on bridges and overpasses where slippery spots can easily develop.
For the latest updates...please visit our webpage at www.Weather.Gov/Boston
You can follow US on facebook at