Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 4:25 AM EST on December 08, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 11 PM this evening to
1 PM EST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... sleet and freezing rain... which is in
effect from 11 PM this evening to 1 PM EST Monday.
* Locations... most of interior Massachusetts.
* Hazard types... snow... sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches... along with
ice accretion of a trace to less than a tenth of an inch.
* Timing... snow developing after midnight... changing to sleet and
freezing rain Monday morning... then to plain rain in the
* Impacts... snow... sleet and freezing rain will result in
hazardous driving conditions which will affect the Monday
A Winter Weather Advisory is issued when snow and/or ice is
forecast to develop in the affected areas... but accumulations are
expected to be light. Any snow or ice would make driving and
walking difficult... but not impossible... on untreated roadways
and sidewalks. When temperatures are below freezing... motorists
need to be especially careful on bridges and overpasses where
slippery spots can easily develop.
For the latest updates... please visit our webpage at
You can follow US on facebook at
Nearby Radar Stations