... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 am EST
* locations... most of southern New England... away from the South
Coast and the Berkshires.
* Hazard types... snow... sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 2 to 5 inches... along with
around a trace of ice.
* Timing... snow this evening changes to sleet and freezing rain
from southwest to northeast during the night... then changes to
rain early Wednesday morning.
* Impacts... untreated roads will be snow covered and slippery
impacting the latter part of the evening commute. Sleet and
freezing rain overnight and early Wednesday will be an issue
for the morning rush hour especially across interior New
England. The added ice and liquid water will add significant
weight to area roofs.
* Visibilities... one half mile to one mile at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory is issued when snow and/or ice is
forecast to develop in the affected areas... but accumulations are
expected to be light. Any snow or ice would result in slippery
conditions on untreated roadways and sidewalks. When temperatures
are below freezing... motorists need to be especially careful on
bridges and overpasses where slippery spots can easily develop.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Western Essex Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 4:49 PM EST on March 03, 2015