The National Weather Service in Lake Charles has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Atchafalaya River at Morgan City.
* From Wednesday July 15 until further notice... or until the warning
* At 12:00 PM Tuesday the stage was 5.7 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 6.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river rise above flood stage by the morning of July
15 and continue to rise to near 6.5 feet by July 20.
* Impact... at stages near 6.0 feet... flood stage. The city dock will
be under water. Water will cover the lower end of Belleview front
street in Berwick. Vessel traffic will be affected by stronger
river current and vessel traffic safety rules will be strictly
enforced by the U.S. Coast Guard.
* Impact... at stages near 5.0 feet... floodwall gates will be closed
to protect against higher stages. Vessel traffic will be affected
by stronger river current and vessel traffic safety rules will be
strictly enforced by the U.S. Coast Guard.
Lat... Lon 2995 9147 2986 9139 2951 9154 2939 9113
2980 9110 2997 9124
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lower St. Martin Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Statement as of 1:04 PM CDT on July 07, 2015