... Winter Storm Warning now in effect until noon CST Thursday...
* event... rain will transition to freezing rain and eventually
to sleet and snow as cold air deepens over the four state
* Timing... freezing rain is expected during the evening hours
followed by a transition to mixed sleet and snow after
* Impact... freezing rain amounts will vary around one quarter
with an isolated half inch possible followed by sleet and or
snow accumulations of one to three inches... making driving
conditions extremely hazardous north of the I-20 corridor.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of ice... sleet
and snow are expected or occurring... making travel very hazardous
or perhaps even impossible especially over bridges and overpasses.
Expect limited visibility in snow and perhaps even slippery roads.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Claiborne Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 3:45 PM CST on March 04, 2015
Lake Wind Advisory
Statement as of 4:54 PM CST on March 04, 2015
... Lake Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 am CST Thursday...
* event... high pressure building behind a strong cold front will
bring north winds of 10 to 20 mph with higher gusts late this
afternoon and tonight.
* Timing... winds are increasing in the wake of the surface front
and will persist overnight. Surface winds will slowly diminish
around sunrise Thursday morning across deep East Texas and west
* Impact... boaters should exercise caution due to rough chop on
A lake Wind Advisory indicates that winds will cause rough chop
on area lakes. Small boats will be especially prone to capsizing.