Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 4:04 PM CDT on March 16, 2014
... Red flag warning in effect from noon to 8 PM CDT Monday for gusty
winds and low relative humidities for north central Kansas...
The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a red flag
warning for gusty winds and low relative humidities... which is in
effect from noon to 8 PM CDT Monday.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 008 Republic... fire weather
zone 009 Washington... fire weather zone 010 Marshall... fire
weather zone 020 cloud... fire weather zone 021 Clay... fire
weather zone 022 Riley... fire weather zone 034 Ottawa... fire
weather zone 035 Dickinson and fire weather zone 036 Geary.
* Winds... south 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Timing... southerly winds will increase by early afternoon with
the highest wind gusts expected by mid afternoon. Conditions
should improve by early evening.
* Relative humidity... as low as 19 percent.
* Temperatures... upper 60s to near 70 degrees.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will grow and spread rapidly.
These fires will become very difficult if not impossible to
control. All outdoor burning should be avoided on Monday.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination strong
winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Nearby Radar Stations