...Red flag warning in effect from 10 am this morning to 6 PM CDT this evening for low humidities...strong winds and critical fuels for northeast...east central and portions of north central Kansas...
The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a red flag warning for low humidities...strong winds and critical fuels...which is in effect from 10 am this morning to 6 PM CDT this evening.
* Affected area...fire weather zone 009 Washington...fire weather zone 021 Clay and fire weather zone 035 Dickinson.
* Winds...southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Timing...humidities will drop off quickly Wednesday morning with already gusty winds at dawn peaking in the late morning into the afternoon. South winds gradually shift to the southwest near 12 PM from west to east.
* Relative humidity...as low as 23 percent.
* Temperatures...in the upper 60s.
* Impacts...fires can start quickly...spread furiously and burn intensely. All fires are potentially serious. All outdoor burning should be avoided in red flag conditions.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.