... Red flag warning in effect from 11 am this morning to 7 PM CDT
this evening for strong winds... low relative humidity... and dry
fuels for north central Kansas...
* affected area... fire weather zone 008 Republic... fire weather
zone 020 cloud... fire weather zone 021 Clay... fire weather
zone 034 Ottawa and fire weather zone 035 Dickinson.
* Winds... north to northwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to
40 mph are likely.
* Relative humidity... as low as 20 to 25 percent.
* Timing... strong winds are expected through the period... with the
strongest gusts between 10 am and 2 PM. One period of 20 to 30
percent rh is expected between 11 am and 1 PM... with a slight
increase after 1 PM... before reaching the lowest rh between 4 PM
and 7 PM.
* Temperatures... middle to upper 60s.
* Impacts... fires can start quickly and burn intensely. All
outdoor burning should be avoided.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination strong
winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Washington Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 4:12 AM CDT on March 29, 2015