Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 7:18 PM CST on December 21, 2013
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 PM CST Sunday...
* timing... snow beginning this evening and continuing heavy at
times overnight into early Sunday morning. Sleet can also be expected
over southeast Iowa through the Quad Cities through 10 PM.
* Snow accumulations... 5 to 8 inches.
* Ice accumulations... around a trace.
* Winds... north 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Temperatures... in the mid 20s.
* Impacts... travel will be increasingly dangerous this
evening... and become very dangerous overnight due to heavy snow
and blowing snow into Sunday morning.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means 5 to 7 inches or more
of snow falling at intense rates of 1-2 inches per hour... is
expected. This will make travel very dangerous or impossible.
Travel only in an emergency and take your winter survival kit.
Nearby Radar Stations