... Red flag warning in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 7 PM
CDT this evening for extreme fire conditions... .
The National Weather Service in Des Moines has issued a red flag
warning for extreme fire conditions... which is in effect from
1 PM this afternoon to 7 PM CDT this evening.
* Timing... the wind will steadily increase through the morning
becoming strong and gusty this afternoon. The most dangerous
conditions will exist between 2 PM and 5 PM.
* Wind... south increasing to 25 to 35 mph with gusts around 40
mph at times.
* Relative humidity... will drop to between 30 and 35 percent and
could potentially drop lower.
* Fuel... grasses remain nearly 100 percent cured and surface
fuels are highly combustible.
* Impacts... any fires will spread very rapidly and be very
difficult to control in these dangerous conditions. Outdoor
burning is highly discouraged and should be avoided.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create explosive fire growth potential.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Taylor Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:46 AM CDT on April 01, 2015