...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 7 PM this evening to 9 PM CST Sunday...
* timing...this evening through Sunday evening.
* Snow accumulations...7 to 11 inches. The highest amounts near Highway 30 through Interstate 80 corridor.
* Winds...light south winds becoming east overnight. Northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph Sunday...resulting in considerable drifting of snow and some blowing snow.
* Visibilities...below 1/2 mile in heavier snowfall and blowing snow.
* Impacts...roads will be slick and hazardous. On Sunday...blowing and drifting snow will create areas of low visibility and may make it difficult for Road crews to keep roads clear...especially in rural and open areas.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or are occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight... food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.