... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 9 am CST this
* timing... through mid morning.
* Wind chill readings... as low as 35 below.
* Temperatures... 5 below to 22 below zero.
* Winds... southeast 5 mph or less.
* Impacts... frostbite and hypothermia may occur if precautions are
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds
will combine to generate low wind chills... resulting in frost
bite and hypothermia if precautions are not taken. If you must
venture outdoors... dress in layers covering exposed skin.
Frostbite will occur in as few as 30 minutes in these conditions.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Delaware Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Wind Chill Advisory
Statement as of 3:16 AM CST on February 28, 2015
Statement as of 04:08 am CST on February 28, 2015
... Record low temperature set at Dubuque IA...
a record low temperature of -21 degrees was set at Dubuque IA yesterday.
This breaks the old record of -12 set in 1879.