... Red flag warning in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 7 PM
CDT this evening for extreme fire conditions for portions of
The National Weather Service in Quad Cities has issued a red flag
warning for extreme fire conditions... which is in effect from 1 PM this
afternoon to 7 PM CDT this evening. The Fire Weather Watch is no
longer in effect.
* Affected area... portions of eastern Iowa roughly along and
west of a line from Manchester to Mount Pleasant.
* Timing... winds will increase Wednesday morning... with the most
dangerous conditions expected Wednesday afternoon.
* Winds... south 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 25 percent.
* Temperatures... 75 to 80.
* Grassland fire danger index... very high to extreme.
* Impacts... any fires will spread very rapidly and be very
difficult to control in these dangerous conditions. Outdoor
burning is highly discouraged and should be avoided.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior. Outdoor burning is not
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Buchanan Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:42 AM CDT on April 01, 2015