... Forecast flooding increased from minor to moderate severity...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Black Hawk creek at Hudson... or from the Black Hawk-Grundy
County line... to the Cedar River in Waterloo.
* Until early Monday morning.
* At 8:45 am Saturday the stage was 11.0 feet... or 3.0 feet below
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* No flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... rise to flood stage late this afternoon. Continue rising
to 16.0 feet... or 2.0 feet above flood stage... Sunday morning. Go
below flood stage early Monday morning.
* Much of this forecast is dependent on runoff... reducing forecast
confidence. Forecast crest values are highly subject to
* Impact... at 15.5 feet... ranchero Road in Waterloo is under water.
Lat... Lon 4248 9228 4235 9247 4235 9254 4242 9254
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Black Hawk Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Statement as of 10:56 AM CDT on August 29, 2015
Statement as of 1:28 am CDT on August 29, 2015
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Waterloo...
A record rainfall of 4.10 inches fell at Waterloo Friday. This
breaks the old record of 2.30 inches set in 1936. This is also
eighth highest daily rainfall on record.