The Flood Warning continues for
the Altamaha river at Everett city.
* Until Monday morning... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 9:15 am Wednesday the stage was 13.2 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
early Monday morning.
* Impact... at 13.0 feet... water begins to encroach upon Altamaha Park
Road and Pennick Road. Portions of Altamaha Park become inundated.
* Impact... at 12.0 feet... agricultural and Timber lands flooded. Water
begins to encroach upon Altamaha Park.
* Impact... at 10.0 feet... river begins coming out of channel banks
inundating low lying bottomlands.
Fld observed 7am EST / 8am EDT forecast
location stg stg day time Thu Fri Sat sun Mon
Everett cit 12 13.2 Wed 09 am 13.0 12.8 12.5 12.2 11.9
Lat... Lon 3152 8172 3139 8162 3130 8144 3138 8142 3143 8155 3155 8162
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Coastal McIntosh Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Statement as of 9:47 AM EDT on May 06, 2015
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 3:47 PM EDT on May 06, 2015
... High rip current risk in effect from Thursday morning through
The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a high rip
current risk... which is in effect from Thursday morning through
* Rip currents... wind and wave conditions support the
development of very strong rip currents. These rip currents
will be life threatening to anyone who enters the surf.
No one should enter the surf due to life threatening rip