The Flood Warning continues for
the Altamaha river at Baxley.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7:45 PM Sunday the stage was 75.3 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 74.5 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 76.6 feet by
Friday early afternoon. Additional rises may be possible
* Impact... at 74.5 feet... minor flooding of Timber and agricultural
land can be expected.
Fld observed 7am EST / 8am EDT forecast
location stg stg day time Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Baxley 74 75.3 sun 08 PM 75.6 76.0 76.2 76.4 76.5
Lat... Lon 3194 8243 3188 8222 3176 8199 3183 8195 3193 8213 3200 8243
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Tattnall Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Statement as of 8:31 PM EST on March 01, 2015
Dense Fog Advisory
Statement as of 3:10 AM EST on March 02, 2015
... Dense fog advisory in effect until 10 am EST this morning...
The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a dense fog
advisory... which is in effect until 10 am EST this morning.
* Visibility... one quarter mile or less.
* Impacts... widespread fog and low visibilities will make travel
Be prepared for increased travel time. If driving... slow down...
use low beam headlights... and leave plenty of distance ahead of
you in case a sudden stop is needed.