Statement as of 9:35 PM EDT on March 13, 2014
... Freeze warning remains in effect until 10 am EDT Friday...
* locations... north and central Georgia
* temperatures... in the upper 20s and low 30s.
* Timing... temperatures will likely fall below freezing late
tonight and rise above freezing late morning Friday.
* Impacts... freezing temperatures may damage or kill tender
early Spring vegetation.
A freeze warning means freezing temperatures are forecast to
threaten outdoor plants. Those with agricultural interests in the
warned area are advised to harvest or protect tender vegetation.
High Wind Advisory
Statement as of 8:58 PM EDT on March 12, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 2 am EDT Thursday...
* locations... portions of central Georgia.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Timing... strong gusty northwest winds in the wake of a cold
front will continue through early Thursday morning.
* Impacts... strong winds could down weakened trees and limbs
from recent winter weather... move around unsecured objects...
and make driving difficult for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least
20 mph... or gusts to 35 mph or stronger are expected. Winds this
strong can make driving difficult... especially for high profile
vehicles. Use extra caution.
- Winter Weather Statement
A winter weather advisory is issued when significant accumulations of snow, sleet, or freezing rain may affect the advisory area.
- High Wind Advisory
A high wind advisory is issued when sustained winds of 31 mph or greater are expected to occur for at least 1 hour. This advisory can also be issued if winds of 46 mph or greater are expected for any length of time.
Nearby Radar Stations