Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 8:28 PM EST on December 21, 2013
... Flood Watch remains in effect from 4 am EST Sunday through
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of central Georgia... east central Georgia... north
central Georgia... northeast Georgia... northwest Georgia and
west central Georgia.
* From 4 am EST Sunday through Monday morning
* a period of moderate to heavy rain over the watch area will
cause significant potential for river flooding including
smaller creeks and streams. An isolated flash flood can not be
* Rainfall amounts of 1 to 3 inches with isolated higher amounts
are possible in the watch area.
* Some rivers and creeks that will be affected include
Alpharetta and Cumming on the Big Creek... Suwanee Creek and
the Oconee river at Penfield. The vast majority of any
flooding should be minor.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.