... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 10 am this morning to
10 PM EST this evening...
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a
Winter Weather Advisory for freezing rain and sleet... which is in
effect from 10 am this morning to 10 PM EST this evening.
* Locations... portions of northeast Georgia... roughly along and
north of a line from dahlongega to Cleveland.
* Hazard types... a mix of sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... up to a quarter of an inch of sleet. Icing
between one and two tenths of an inch at the higher
elevations... while only a trace to a couple hundredths of icing
is expected at the lower elevations.
* Timing... 10 am this morning to 10 PM this evening.
* Impacts... sleet and ice accumulations on roadways and
especially elevated surfaces may result in hazardous travel
conditions. Light accumulations of ice in trees may cause some
limbs to fall and could result in isolated power outages.
Additionally... black ice could be a concern across the
advisory area Thursday night into Friday morning.
* Temperatures... temperatures will begin to dip below freezing
across northeast Georgia during the mid to late morning and
continue to fall during the day.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of sleet and or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lumpkin Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:49 AM EST on March 05, 2015