...Red flag warning remains in effect until 8 PM EDT this evening for low relative humidity and strong wind for eastern Pennsylvania...most of New Jersey...Delaware and the Eastern Shore of Maryland...
...Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Thursday morning through Thursday evening for or low relative humidity and strong wind for eastern Pennsylvania...most of New Jersey...Delaware and the Eastern Shore of Maryland...
* winds...northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Timing...winds will increase during the day today then decrease somewhat after sunset before increasing again on Thursday.
* Relative humidity...minimum relative humidity values will generally be in the lower to mid 30s today but some areas could get below 30 percent. On Thursday, relative humidity values will be lower, generally in the teens and 20s.
* Temperatures...highs will mainly be in the 50s to around 60 today and in the lower to mid 60s on Thursday.
* Impacts...the combination of windy conditions and low relative humidity values will lead to a more rapid spread rate of any fires that may develop. Residents are encouraged to exercise fire prevention with any outdoor activities and properly dispose of smoking materials.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly due to a combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and dry fuels. Any fires that develop may quickly get out of control and become difficult to contain.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.
For more information about wildfire danger...burn restrictions... and wildfire prevention and education...please visit your state forestry or environmental protection website.