... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 3 PM this
afternoon to 10 am EST Wednesday...
* locations... eastern New York and adjacent western New England.
* Hazard types... snow... sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 5 inches
with the highest accumulations in the higher elevations. Up to a
tenth of an inch of ice accretion is possible for areas to the
south of Interstate 90.
* Snowfall rates... up to half an inch an hour.
* Timing... snow will begin this afternoon and mix with or change
to sleet and freezing rain this evening. Precipitation will
taper off late tonight into Wednesday morning.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions due to snow and ice
* Visibilities... as low as one half mile.
* Winds... south 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures... in the mid 20s this afternoon... rising into the
lower 30s by Wednesday morning.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southern Litchfield Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 9:40 AM EST on March 03, 2015