...Wind Chill Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to noon EST Saturday...
The National Weather Service in New York has issued a Wind Chill Advisory...which is in effect from midnight tonight to noon EST Saturday.
* Locations...the lower Hudson Valley...northeast New Jersey roughly north of Interstate 80...and much of southern Connecticut.
* Hazard types...hazardous wind chills.
* Wind chills...as low as 15 to 20 below due to temperatures in the single digits and lower teens...and northwest winds sustained at 15 to 20 mph.
* Timing...from midnight tonight into Saturday morning.
* Impacts...frostbite and hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds will combine to generate low wind chills that could lead to frostbite and hypothermia if precautions are not taken. If you venture outdoors...make sure you wear a wind repellent coat...hat and gloves.