Northern New Haven
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 6:35 AM EST on December 09, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until noon EST
* locations... interior southern Connecticut... the lower Hudson
Valley and interior northeast New Jersey.
* Hazard types... freezing rain... possibly mixed with sleet early.
* Accumulations... one to two tenths of an inch of ice.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s... gradually rising above
freezing by midday.
* Timing... freezing rain will change to plain rain by midday.
* Impacts... icy conditions will result in hazardous travel
through this morning... especially on bridges... overpasses and
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Statement as of 5:21 AM EST on December 09, 2013
An area of steady light freezing rain will overspread the region
through 630 am. With temperatures still in the mid to upper 20s
across this region... a tenth of an inch of ice is possible on
untreated surfaces through 8 am.
Icy conditions will result in hazardous travel through the
morning rush... especially on bridges... overpasses and untreated
Statement as of 1:38 am EST on December 09, 2013
... Record daily maximum snowfall set at Kennedy NY...
A record snowfall of 0.7 inches was set at Kennedy NY yesterday.
This breaks the old record of 0.3 set in 1989.
Nearby Radar Stations