...Winter Storm Warning in effect from 7 PM Sunday to 6 PM EST Monday...
The National Weather Service in New York has issued a Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow...which is in effect from 7 PM Sunday to 6 PM EST Monday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Accumulations...snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches.
* Locations...interior portions of the lower Hudson Valley and southwestern Connecticut.
* Hazard types...heavy snow.
* Timing...Sunday night and Monday.
* Temperatures...in the lower 20s.
* Winds...northeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Visibilities...one quarter mile or less at times.
* Snowfall rates...occasionally 1 to 2 inches per hour late Sunday night into early Monday afternoon.
* Impacts...hazardous travel due to reduced visibilities and significant snow accumulations.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight...food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.