... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect until 6 am EST
* locations... eastern New York and adjacent western New England.
* Hazard types... snow... sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 2 to 6 inches... along with
up to a tenth of an inch of ice.
* Snowfall rates... up to half an inch an hour.
* Timing... snow will begin this afternoon and mix with or change
to sleet and freezing rain this evening. Precipitation will
taper off late tonight.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions due to snow and ice
* Winds... south 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Temperatures... in the mid to upper 20s... rising into the lower
to middle 30s late tonight.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Litchfield Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 2:32 PM EST on March 03, 2015