...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 6 PM this evening to 4 am MDT Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Pueblo has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for wet snow...which is in effect from 6 PM this evening to 4 am MDT Thursday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Location...Pikes Peak and the Rampart Range...the Sangre de Cristo Mountains...and the Wet Mountains.
* Cause and timing...a Spring storm system will move across southern Colorado this evening.
* Snow accumulation...4 to 8 inches possible especially above 7000 feet. Locally heavier amounts will be possible over the higher elevations of the east slopes of the Wet Mountains and the northeast slopes of the southern Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
* Wind...east 10 to 20 mph.
* Impact...hazardous travel conditions due to a combination of snow...poor visibilities and icy...snow covered roads.
If you are planning to travel in the advisory area during the time of the advisory...listen to the latest weather forecast and consider traveling at another time or by another Route.