... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 5 PM MST
* location... the upper Rio Grande Valley... the La Garita Mountains
above 10000 feet and the eastern Sawatch Range and the western
Mosquito Range above 11000 feet... including South
Fork... Creede... North Pass and Monarch Pass.
* Cause and timing... a moist... Pacific jet stream will bring
periods of heavy snow and strong winds to the Continental Divide
* Total snow accumulation... 1 to 3 feet.
* Wind... west to southwest at 20 to 35 with gusts around 40 mph.
* Impact... travel will be hazardous... if not impossible due to
heavy... blowing and drifting snow... near zero visibilities and
icy... snow covered roads.
Winter storms may have strong winds and reduced visibility due to
heavy snowfall and blowing snow. Snow accumulations of over
8 inches in the mountains may occur. If you are planning to
travel in the watch area during the time of the watch... listen to
the latest weather forecast and consider traveling at another
time or by another Route. If you must travel in or through the
watch area during the time of the watch... take along a winter
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Upper Rio Grande Valley/Eastern San Juan Mountains Below 10000 Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 5:02 AM MST on March 02, 2015