...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 5 PM MST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Pueblo has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow...which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 5 PM MST Monday.
* Location...Saguache County west of the Continental Divide below 10000 feet...and the La Garita Mountains above 10000 feet...including North Pass and Sargents.
* Cause and timing...a strong Pacific jet stream will bring periods of heavy snow to the region today through Monday afternoon.
* Snow accumulation...6 to 11 inches.
* Wind...northwest at 15 to 30 mph with some gusts around 40 mph.
* Impact...travel will be hazardous due to blowing and drifting snow...poor visibilities...and icy...snow covered roads.
If you are planning to travel in the advisory area during the time of the advisory...listen to the latest weather forecast and consider traveling at another time or by another Route.