...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 11 am this morning to 11 PM MST Monday...
* location...the eastern Sawatch and western mosquito ranges above 11000 feet...including Fremont...Tennessee and Monarch passes.
* Cause and timing...a strong Pacific jet stream will bring periods of heavy...wind driven snow to the region today through Monday evening.
* Snow accumulation...1 to 2 feet with locally higher amounts north of Cottonwood Pass.
* Wind...northwest 20 to 30 mph gusting to 50 mph producing blowing and drifting snow and whiteout conditions at times.
* Impact...travel will be difficult...if not impossible at times...due to heavy blowing and drifting snow...poor visibilities...and icy...snow covered roads.
Avoid travel in the warning area. If you are planning to travel in the warning area during the time of the warning...listen to the latest weather forecast and consider traveling at another time or by another Route. If you must travel in the warning area during the time of the warning...take along a winter survival kit. If you become stranded in a rural area...stay with your vehicle until help arrives. To keep warm in your vehicle...run your engine 10 minutes each hour...and make sure the exhaust pipe is clear of snow to avoid Carbon monoxide poisoning.