Southeastern Kern County Desert
Statement as of 4:56 AM PDT on March 11, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 8 PM this evening to 5 PM
A Wind Advisory remains in effect from 8 PM this evening to 5 PM
PDT Wednesday for the Kern County mountains and deserts.
Strong east to southeast winds will funnel through the mountains
and deserts of Kern County Tuesday night and Wednesday.
* Winds: east 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Timing: winds will increase Tuesday evening with the
strongest winds expected Wednesday morning. Winds will
subside by Wednesday evening.
* Locations include: Tehachapi
* impacts: strong winds will make driving difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles. Areas of blowing dust
and sand will reduce visibility.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
A Wind Advisory means that gusts of 45 mph or more are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for
high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Nearby Radar Stations