Tulare County Mountains
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 6:40 AM PST on December 07, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM PST this
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM PST this
afternoon for the higher elevations of the southern Sierra
* Snow accumulations: 5 to 11 inches.
* Timing: snow near Yosemite will spread southward into the
Tulare County mountains overnight. Snow is expected to taper
off during the day Saturday.
* Locations include: Camp Nelson... Giant Forest... Johnsondale...
Lodgepole... Shaver Lake... Yosemite Valley.
* Winds: gusts around 50 mph over the highest elevations will
cause drifting and blowing snow at times. Higher wind gusts
will be possible over the higher ridges.
* Impacts: snow covered roads will make travel difficult.
Hazardous travel with possible restrictions and closures.
Bring a winter kit with you if you travel through the
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Nearby Radar Stations