...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 5 am Friday to 5 am PDT Saturday above 6000 feet...
The National Weather Service in Hanford has issued a Winter Weather Advisory above 6000 feet for snow and strong winds ...Which is in effect from 5 am Friday to 5 am PDT Saturday for the higher elevations of the southern Sierra Nevada.
The next in a series of fast moving Pacific storms will affect the Sierra beginning early Friday morning.
* Snow accumulations: up to 12 inches around and in Yosemite park. 6 to 9 inches in and near Sequoia and Kings Canyon Parks.
* Elevation: above 6000 feet.
* Timing: snow beginning late tonight and continuing into Saturday morning.
* Locations include: Tuolumne Meadows...Chinquapin Summit...Glacier point...Lodgepole...Grant Grove...Huntington Lake.
* Winds: gusts to over 50 mph over ridges and near the crest.
* Impacts: heavy wet snow will make driving difficult into Yosemite park on Route 41. Highway 168 to Huntington Lake and all roads into Sequoia and Kings Canyon Parks will experience accumulating snow above 6000 feet.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area...visit http://www.Wrh.NOAA.Gov/wrh/whv/?Wfo=hnx.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.