... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 am PDT
* snow accumulations will range from a light dusting to 4
inches. Local amounts of up to 6 inches are possible in Tulare
* Snow showers will be more numerous south of Kings Canyon
National Park today and tonight where locally heavier snow
accumulations are possible.
* Impacts... hikers and campers in the high country will be
subjected to freezing temperatures... gusty winds and snow and
face the risk of hypothermia.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures will range from the mid 30s to mid 40s with wind
chill temperatures as low as the teens.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will cause
travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited
visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Sierra Nevada from Yosemite to Kings Canyon Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 12:11 PM PDT on October 05, 2015