Tulare County Foothills
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 11:45 AM PST on December 04, 2013
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Friday afternoon
through Saturday afternoon...
A Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Friday afternoon
through Saturday afternoon for the foothills and higher
elevations of the Sierra Nevada.
* Snow accumulations: 1 to 6 inches in the foothills. 6 to 12
inches above 4000 feet... with up to 2 feet possible at the
* Elevation: snow levels will lower from around 2500 feet early
Friday to near 1000 feet Friday night and Saturday.
* Timing: snow will begin in the Yosemite area by Friday
afternoon... with heavier snow spreading southward into the
Tulare County mountains overnight Friday night. Snow is
expected to taper off during the day Saturday.
* Locations include: Camp Nelson... Giant Forest... Johnsondale...
Lodgepole... Shaver Lake... Huntington Lake... Yosemite
National Park... Three Rivers... Springville... Mariposa...
* Winds: gusts around 60 mph over highest elevations will cause
drifting and blowing snow at times.
* Impacts: snow covered roads will be possible. Hazardous
travel with possible restrictions and closures. Bring a
winter kit with you if you travel through the mountains.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow and strong winds that may impact travel. Continue to monitor
the latest forecasts.
Nearby Radar Stations