...High Wind Warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this evening... ...Wind Advisory remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this evening...
A High Wind Warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this evening. A Wind Advisory remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this evening.
* Winds...south winds 35 to 50 mph with gusts to 70 mph.
* Timing...now through this evening. Winds will be strongest late this morning into this afternoon.
* Locations include: Tennant.
* Impacts...traffic along Highway 299 across the Cedar Pass could experience a strong cross wind. These winds can cause travel difficulties...especially for high profile vehicles. In addition...since it is still hunting season...hunters should be aware that winds will be even stronger in the surrounding mountains. This could bring down branches and cause trees to fall.
* View the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected. Sustained wind speeds of at least 50 mph or gusts of 75 mph or more can lead to property damage. Travel will be impacted... especially for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.