...Red flag warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this evening for abundant lightning with dry fuels for fire weather zones 280...281...284 and 285... ...Red flag warning in effect from 2 PM to 11 PM PDT Wednesday for for abundant lightning with dry fuels for fire weather zones 280...281...284 and 285...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a red flag warning...which is in effect from 2 PM to 11 PM PDT Wednesday. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected areas: fire weather zones 280...281...284...and 285.
* Thunderstorms...scattered thunderstorms are expected this afternoon through this evening...diminishing in coverage late tonight then likely expanding in coverage on Wednesday afternoon into Wednesday evening.
* Outflow winds...30 to 40 mph gusts are possible on both days.
* Impacts...scattered thunderstorms combined with existing very dry fuels will result in many fire starts in a short period of time. Significant rainfall is expected with some of the thunderstorms...but fire spread is likely in areas that do not receive wetting rain.
* View the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. These conditions will contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Visit US at www.Weather.Gov/Medford