Central Siskiyou County
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 4:20 AM PST on December 06, 2013
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 7 am this morning
to 4 am PST Saturday...
A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 7 am this morning
to 4 am PST Saturday.
* Snow accumulations: 3 to 6 inches below 3000 feet. 6 to 9
inches above 3000 feet.
* Timing: light snow is possible early this morning. However most
accumulating snow is expected between 10 am and 10 PM PST.
Additional light snow is likely late this evening through 4 am
* Locations include: Etna... Fort Jones... Greenview... Yreka...
* Winds: south 5 to 15 mph then becoming north 5 mph late this
* Impacts: due to cold temperatures ahead of this storm system
snow is expected to accumulate on untreated roadways. Travel
impacts are expected on all area roadways to include
highways 96... 3... and 97... and Interstate 5. It's strongly
recommended people be prepared for hazardous conditions.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of
snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. If you must
travel... keep an extra flashlight... food... and water in your
vehicle in case of an emergency.
Statement as of 12:40 am PST on December 06, 2013
... Record low temperature set at Montague CA...
a record low temperature of 2 degrees was set at Montague CA
yesterday. This breaks the old record of 9 set in 1972.
Nearby Radar Stations