...Red flag warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT Wednesday for gusty winds and low humidity for fire weather zones 203... 204...211 and 283...
* affected area...fire weather zones 203...204...211 and 283.
* Winds...northeast 10 to 20 mph with gusts of 25 to 30 mph.
* Relative humidity...overnight recovery on the ridges will range from 25 to 40 percent with afternoon mimimums all elevations Wednesday of 10 to 15 percent. Valley humidity will be higher tonight.
* Impacts...very dry air in combination with sustained winds will create favorable burning conditions for potential large fire growth.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures will create explosive fire growth potential.
946 PM PDT Tue Sep 2 2014
...Red flag warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT Wednesday for for the combination of strong winds and low relative humidities for fire weather zones 280 619 620 621...
* affected area: elevations above 4500 ft at night...and to the valley floors during the day in fire weather zone 280 only.
* Wind...northeast to east winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
* Humidity...recoveries 20 to 40 percent tonight...then minimum relative humidity around 10 percent on Wednesday.
* Impacts...strong winds and low relative humidities will cause fires to spread very rapidly.
* View the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5
Strong winds and low relative humidities will cause fires to spread very rapidly.