... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Sunday afternoon
through Sunday evening for thunderstorms and gusty outflow winds
for fire weather zones 203... 204... and 283...
* affected areas... fire weather zones 203... 204... and northern
portions of zone 283.
* Thunderstorms... scattered thunderstorms on Sunday are
expected to produce abundant lightning.
* Outflow winds... gusts to 30 mph possible in and near
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
312 PM PDT Sat Aug 1 2015
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT Sunday...
* thunderstorms: scattered dry thunderstorms are expected over
much of fire weather zones 280... 281... and 284 this weekend.
Storms may become isolated at night... however they will remain
* Impacts: increasing thunderstorm activity will create erratic
* Timing: the greatest threat for thunderstorms will be during
the afternoon and evening hours... however... storms may
continue overnight as well.
* Affected area:
in northern CA... fire weather zones 280... 281 and 284.
* Counties affected: Siskiyou.
A red flag warning means that extreme fire conditions are
occurring or imminent.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Western Siskiyou County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 9:02 PM PDT on August 01, 2015
Statement as of 05:37 PM PDT on August 01, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Medford or...
a record high temperature of 104 degrees was set at Medford or today.
This breaks the old record of 103 set in 2009.