Western Siskiyou County
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 3:31 PM PST on December 05, 2013
... Winter Storm Warning now in effect from 7 am Friday to 4 am
The Winter Storm Warning is now in effect from 7 am Friday to
4 am PST Saturday.
* Snow accumulations: 3 to 6 inches below 3000 feet. 6 to 9
inches above 3000 feet.
* Timing: light snow could start as early as 5 am Friday. However
most accumulating snow is expected between 10 am and 10 PM PST.
Additional light snow is likely late Friday evening through 4 am
* Locations include: Etna... Fort Jones... Greenview... Yreka...
* Winds: south 5 to 15 mph then becoming north 5 mph late Friday
* Impacts: due to cold temperatures ahead of this storm system
snow is expected to accumulate on untreated roadways. Travel
impacts are expected on all area roadways to include highways
96... 3... and 97... and Interstate 5. It's strongly recommended
people be prepared for hazardous conditions.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of
snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. If you must
travel... keep an extra flashlight... food... and water in your
vehicle in case of an emergency.
Statement as of 04:35 PM PST on December 05, 2013
... Record low temperature set at Medford or...
A record low temperature of 14 degrees was set at Medford or today.
This breaks the old record of 18 set in 1972.
Nearby Radar Stations