Western Plumas County/Lassen Park
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 4:54 AM PST on December 05, 2013
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Friday afternoon
through Saturday morning...
* impacts: travel problems likely... with major roads in the
mountains and foothills potentially having extended delays.
Driving conditions normally seen only near pass levels will
occur at much lower elevations.
* Confidence: high in mountain and foothill snow.
* Timing: snow spreading into the area Friday afternoon and
peaking in intensity Friday evening. Lingering snow showers
into early Saturday.
* Locations include: Chester... Quincy... Lassen National Park...
* Snow accumulations: 3 to 10 inches of snow in the valleys and
in the mountains 9 to 18 inches... .highest totals over
southern western Plumas County.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Interact with US via social media
Statement as of 10:00 am PST on December 05, 2013
... Record low temperatures set at downtown Sacramento, Stockton, and
A record low temperature of 29 degrees was set at downtown
Sacramento, CA this morning. This broke the old record of 32 set
A record low temperature of 23 degrees was set at Stockton Airport,
CA this morning. This broke the old record of 27 set in 2011.
A record low temperature of 26 degrees was set at Modesto Airport,
CA this morning. This broke the old record of 28 set in 2011.
Nearby Radar Stations