Mountains Southwestern Shasta County to Northern Lake County
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 3:50 AM PST on December 04, 2013
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from late Thursday night through
late Friday night...
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a Winter
Storm Watch... which is in effect from late Thursday night through
late Friday night.
* Impacts: travel problems likely... with major roads in the
mountains and foothills potentially having extended delays.
Driving conditions normally seen only near pass levels will
occur at much lower elevations.
* Confidence: high in mountain and upper foothill snow... medium in
accumulating snow down to the valley floor across the northern
* Timing: snow spreading into the area by late Thursday night and
into late Friday night.
* Locations include: Interstate 5 from the Redding area
northward... Highway 299.
* Snow accumulations: 5 to 10 inches across the higher elevations
with 3 to 6 inches possible down to 1000 feet elevation. 1 to 3
inches possible on the valley floor of the northern Sacramento
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Interact with US via social media
Nearby Radar Stations