...Wind Advisory remains in effect from 9 PM this evening to 6 am PST Thursday...
* winds...areas of west winds 25 to 35 mph...with gusts to 55 mph. Isolated gusts to 65 mph near the mountain ridgetops and on the desert slopes of the mountains.
* Timing...developing this evening near the mountain ridgetops...then strongest late tonight near the mountain ridgetops and along the Desert Mountain slopes. Winds will diminish around sunrise Thursday.
* Location...strongest and most widespread near mountain ridgetops and along the Desert Mountain slopes.
* Visibility...may be reduced at times in the desert from blowing sand and dust.
* Impacts...the winds will make driving difficult...especially for motorists with high profile vehicles. Watch for broken tree limbs and other debris.
* Outlook...gusty northeast winds will develop on the coastal slopes of the mountains Friday and continue at times into Saturday.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.