San Diego County Deserts
Statement as of 2:52 AM PDT on March 17, 2014
... Wind Advisory in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 10 PM PDT
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 10 PM
PDT this evening.
* Winds... areas of west winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
* Location... near Mountain Ridge tops... along Desert Mountain
slopes... into adjacent desert areas... especially along and north
and east of Interstate 10 in the northern Coachella Valley.
* Timing... strengthening during the afternoon... then diminishing
during the late evening.
* Visibility... in the deserts reduced in areas of blowing sand and
* Impacts... the winds will make driving difficult... especially for
motorists with high profile vehicles. Watch for broken tree
limbs and other debris.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Current wind gust reports on the web:
For a detailed map of the hazard:
Statement as of 5:19 PM PDT on March 16, 2014
... Highest maximum temperature records broken or tied on Mar 16 2014 ...
Location new record old record period of record
Elsinore 92 91 in 1972 1897
Escondido 91 90 in 1914 1900
alpine 88 85 in 1971 1952
El Cajon 92 88 in 2004 1979
Nearby Radar Stations