... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 10 PM PDT this evening...
* winds... areas of west winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45
mph... increasing to 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 55 mph this
afternoon and evening with isolated gusts to 65 mph.
* Timing... strongest winds this afternoon and evening...
diminishing late tonight.
* Location... east-west oriented mountain passes and along the
desert slopes and adjacent desert areas. Travel corridors
impacted include the I-8... I-10... and I-15.
* Visibility... reduced at times to one mile or less due to blowing
dust and sand.
* Impacts... strong winds will make travel hazardous for high
profile vehicles and could cause travel disruptions.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
San Diego County Deserts-Including The Anza Borrego Desert State Park Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Statement as of 3:17 AM PDT on April 25, 2015
Statement as of 5:54 PM PDT on April 24, 2015
... Lowest maximum temperature records broken or tied on Apr 24 2015 ...
Location new record old record period of record
Escondido 60 60 in 1933 1893
Ramona 57 60 in 2005 1974
alpine 55 56 in 1964 1951