...Wind Advisory remains in effect from 8 PM Friday to 5 PM PDT Saturday...
A Wind Advisory remains in effect from 8 PM Friday to 5 PM PDT Saturday.
* Winds...west to southwest 25 to 35 mph...with gusts to 55 mph. Local gusts to 65 mph possible in wind prone areas.
* Timing...Friday evening through Saturday afternoon.
* Location...along mountain ridges...desert slopes...through and below canyons and passes...and into adjacent desert areas. In the Coachella Valley...through and below the San Gorgonio Pass and north of Interstate 10. Interstate 8 in the San Diego County mountains and desert will be impacted as well.
* Visibility...may be reduced in the desert due to blowing sand or reduced in the mountains due to blowing snow.
* Impacts...the winds may make for difficult driving conditions...especially for high profile vehicles. Watch out for broken tree limbs.
* Outlook...conditions will slightly improve late Saturday... and through Sunday.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.